As a doula, I am there to provide continuous emotional support for you and your partner. I will help you with different comfort and relaxation techniques to help you achieve the type of birth you are wanting. I do not make any medical decisions for you. Instead, I am there to help explain the birth process, provide support, and help you and your partner make an informed decision. I believe that every woman and birth is different and I will support you in whatever type of birth you are wanting, without my personal influence, as it isn't my birth...it is yours.
My doula services include:
- Initial meeting - Picking your birth doula can seem like a pretty daunting task! The first meeting is an informal meeting to get to know each other better. There is no cost for this meeting. I want you to pick a doula that you and your partner feel connected to.
- 1-2 prenatal meetings. These meetings are typically 1-2 hours in length with you and your partner. We will talk about many things such as: what your expectations are with your birth, talking about fears associated with birth, writing your birth plan, and demonstrate relaxation and comfort techniques so that you are feeling confident going into your labor.
- Unlimited phone and email support to answer any questions or concerns that arise.
- Continuous labor support. I will come to you, whether at your home or the hospital, and be with you throughout your labor. I will stay for 1-2 hours after birth to make sure that everyone is settled.
- 1 postpartum visit. I will come to you to check in and make sure that everyone is adjusting well to your new lifestyle.
***I am currently not taking any new doula clients. If you are a past doula client of mine, please reach out for availability.
Studies have shown that mothers having continuous support during labor are:
Less likely to have a caesarean
Less likely to use forceps or vacuum
Less likely to use pain medications
Shorter labor times
More likely to be happy with their birth outcome